The general aim of Czech Society for Analytical Cytology (CSAC) are identical with those of International Society for Advancements of Cytometry (ISAC) - professional organization for scientists utilizing multidisciplinary, advanced technology for the measurement of cells and cell processes, currently serves as a platform supporting the broad utilization and dissemination of these methods in large scale.
Therefore, the CSAC works in close co-operation with ISAC which seeks to reflect:
i) specific conditions in Czech republic arising from dissimilarities in their development;
ii) current needs resulting from implementation of new devices and research methods in the field of biology and medicine, e.g. flow cytometry and cell sorting, laser scanning microscopy, data analyses and so on.
The main point of this report is to offer information about the activities and perspectives of CSAC. Although CSAC has been established only in 2001, all members of the Society aspire to obtain quality data for both theoretical and practical outputs and to transmit “know-how” in the field of analytical cytology, particularly to experts in Czech Republic. The Society struggles for improving of professional potential in laboratories by means of intensive communication with both theoretically and experimentally oriented specialists. The most important activities of CSAC include the organization of national conferences with international participation of invited experts (Analytical cytometry I- VII, in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013). We hope to present the potential of the Czech Republic and offer an overview of possibilities resulting from new EU projects.
CSAC is ISAC Associated society.
Czech Society for Analytical Cytology (CSAC) has currently 167 members (May 2014) and its bi-annual conference in Mikulov was attended by over 280 participants and 18 exhibitors in 2013.
ČSAC was founded in 2001. The society's mission is to promote the development of flow cytometry, to exchange experience among members and also with the global cytometric community (especially in collaboration with ISAC and ESCCA).
What can ČSAC offer to you :
- Organizing conferences every two years (with the participation of selected international speakers from all areas of cytometry)
- Sponsorship of educational events (eg Motol Cytometry Minicourse)
- patronage of cytometric meetings (ITA seminar in Prague)
- Support your cytometric seminars
- The opportunity to participate in the competition for the best publication with cytometric topic (the aim is to highlight interesting work, provide recognition to quality papers)
- Possibility to apply for travel grants for young members of ČSAC
- Information about the activities of ISAC and ESCCA
- Contact with like-minded colleagues and exchange of experiences
What can you bring ČSAC:
ČSAC is a small organization, without apparatus and lives only through activity of its members
- Support the activities of ČSAC through your membership
- Provide active cooperation on issues that relate to you
- Organize a seminar on the topic that you miss
- Help with website content (add links to translate into English)